Tuesday, August 16, 2016

dealing with oily eyelids: too faced's shadow insurance primer

My skin is super oily. And that includes my eyelids. My eye shadow creases within a couple hours and fades away a few hours later. The only eye primer I'd ever tried was some cream stick from e.l.f, which didn't work at all.

When I was shopping on Too Faced's website for a setting powder and maybe a bronzer, I saw how highly rated their Shadow Insurance Primer is and thought I'd give it a try.

Too Faced claims that this primer will give you up to 24 hours of perfect eye shadow:
Our iconic, bestselling Shadow Insurance Eye Primer just got a makeover! We've revamped the packaging of this world-famous cult classic, but we've kept the bestselling formula that locks down eye shadows and intensifies color to ensure crease-proof, fade-proof, waterproof wear for up to 24 hours. The feather-light formula glides effortlessly onto lids to create a smooth, even canvas for seamless shadow application and a stay-put look every time.
This primer is a cream formula that you squeeze out of a tube. It's got a nude tint (nude for my pale skin at least) but it's not really visible once you blend it into your skin. You don't need a lot to cover your whole eyelid, so I'm hoping that the tube I bought will last me a while.
left: unblended, right: blended
I really like the texture it gave to my eyelids. My eye shadow went on smoothly and evenly, and it actually seemed to help my liquid eyeliner go on better too.

It definitely doesn't keep my eye shadow in place for 24 hours. That being said, I have pretty oily eyelids and slightly hooded eyes, so anyone with slightly more normal eyes might have better luck.

And even though this primer didn't live up to its 24-hour claim, my eye makeup definitely lasted way longer with this stuff than it does without it. I put my makeup on at around 5:30 am (feel bad for me, please) and was pleasantly surprised to look in a mirror at around 10:30 am and see that my eye shadow was still there. When I got home from work at around 6:30 pm, there was some creasing and fading, but only in my crease. My eye makeup was pretty much intact everywhere else. That's crazy for me, guys!


One tube of Shadow Insurance Primer is $20, so I'm not sure I'll stick with it, despite how happy it's making me. I'll probably end up trying numerous cheaper eye primers and then come crawling back to Too Faced. We'll see.

I also got Too Faced's Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder when I bought this. Check out my review here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top view sourceprint?