Sunday, July 31, 2016

review: lush magical moringa moisturizer

If you've got oily skin, LUSH's Magical Moringa moisturizer might be your holy grail.

Full disclosure, I've definitely got some complaints about this stuff. Yet I went through one container of it and immediately bought another.




We'll get the bad stuff out of the way first.

My main problem with this moisturizer is how it interacts with my makeup. Despite Magical Moringa being advertised as a dual moisturizer/primer, for some reason it doesn't make my makeup look smooth at all. It tends to make my foundation look streaky and doesn't really hide my pores and patches of dry skin.

Based on the reviews on LUSH's site, other people seem to have had much better experiences with it under makeup, so maybe my skin's just weird. Or maybe I need to try a different foundation. I don't know.

It's also prone to melting. Whenever it gets a little over room temperature, this stuff turns to liquid. Which isn't that big of a deal since you're supposed to warm it up in your hand to melt it before using it anyways. It's only been a problem for me when some of the oils separate out and I have to mix it together again.



I keep using it mainly because I love how matte it keeps me when I'm not wearing makeup. It'll keep my bare face matte for hours. I can put it on before I go to sleep and wake up the next morning without any oiliness, which is amazing for someone as oily as me. And it doesn't clog my pores!

It's definitely not a heavy-duty moisturizer. I'm not sure how much it will do for you if you tend to have naturally dry skin, but I'd definitely recommend it for combination or oily skin. Magical Moringa keeps me from turning into an oily mess while also keeping me from totally drying out.

I love that it's natural and vegan as well. It's made with organic cocoa and shea butters and various beauty oils - including argan, rose hip, and of course moringa.


Magical Moringa is a bit pricey ($24.99), but one 2.2 oz pot lasted me five months. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way.

I'm going to keep looking for a natural moisturizer that fights oiliness and looks good under makeup, but until I find one I'll keep using this. Please give me some recommendations if you've got any.

Have any of you tried LUSH's moisturizers? What did you think? Leave me a comment and let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks god I'm not the only one who have problems with this using it before makeup! I really think that I have weird skin ( cause I prove it with 6 different foundations). But, like you, matches perfect alone. Saludos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only used it a week or so, but have found it works best under makeup if I only use a tiny bit and then only in my t zone. I also apply a regular moisturizer underneath it. Maybe that will work for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lush magical moringa moisturizer is good but as you asked for the recommendation, so I would like to suggest Valmont moisturizing cream. This cream visibly plumped the skin glows and offers a long-lasting feeling of comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top view sourceprint?