Saturday, August 6, 2016

colourpop lippie stix swatches & review: aquarius, tootsi, contempo, lumiere, cami, & brink


As you might know, I love ColourPop. It's pretty much the only place I buy lip products, and I'm starting to get into their eye makeup now as well (RIP my wallet).

I did a review of some of ColourPop's liquid lipsticks a while back, and since then I've accumulated a small collection of their lippie stix as wellthey're only $5 each, guys! They're easier to use on the go than liquid lipsticks, but they aren't quite as long-lasting.

Aquarius
Aquarius is one of my favorite everyday shades. It's a nice subtle pink color with a hint of brownbasically a perfect nude. It's a creme formula rather than matte, so it's not drying but it does smudge more easily than the matte shades. It's not glossy, but it does have some shine (at least more than the matte colors do!).

Tootsi
Tootsi looks similar to Aquarius in the tube, but it's actually much cooler in tone. It's got gray and brown tones mixed with pink. This is a matte shade and more long-lasting than Aquarius, but not drying.

Contempo
Contempo is a nice nude-ish pink. ColourPop calls it a "dusty rose" which I guess is accurate? It's a pink with subtle brown undertones. Another matte shade.

Lumiere
Lumiere is the most pink of the six lippie stix I have, but it's not quite a true, pure pink. It's a bit mauveya really pretty matte color. Lumiere is part of a collab between ColourPop and vlogger @KathleenLights.

Cami
Cami is a more muted, darker pink than Lumiere. It's got some similar mauve tones and is a pretty neutral color. This one has a Matte X finish, which ColourPop claims is the most matte of all their lippie stix finishes. I'd definitely agreeit's more matte than the matte finishes and lasts a bit longer.

Brink
Brink is a peachy pink color that isn't too bright for everyday wear. It's a matte shade. The product photo on ColourPop's website for this one is way off from how it looks on me—it's much darker on my lips than on their model.

Here are all six lippie stix side-by-side (on my freakishly pale arm) for comparison:

in order: Aquarius, Tootsi, Contempo, Lumiere, Cami, and Brink


So there are all my lippie stix! Soon I'll probably have plenty more ColourPop stuff to swatch, so keep an eye out for that!




1 comment:

  1. Great swatches, they helped me a lot to understand the undertones of each shade! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top view sourceprint?