Thursday, July 21, 2016

review: glossier boy brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Glossier
I have been trying forever to find a brow product that works for me. My eyebrows are pretty big and decently thick, but there are some sparse spots and they tend to be kind of unruly. And I'm not particularly skilled when it comes to doing my brows. I tend to make them too dark when I use a pencil or powder, and I really want a more natural look. And that's where Glossier's Boy Brow comes in.

Boy Brow is a simple, pretty fool-proof way to get natural-looking, full brows. It's a creamy, buildable pomade that you brush over your brows with a tiny spooly to shape them and subtly add color. It provides a slightly flexible hold that doesn't look stiff, clumpy, or overdone. Every time I've worn Boy Brow, it's held up through the entire workday, no touch-ups required.


Boy Brow comes in three surprisingly versatile shades: blond, brown, and black. I went with blond because my brows are a kind of light, taupe brown and I really wanted to avoid getting a color that would look unnatural. Especially since Boy Brow is $16 and I'm too cheap to buy another tube just because I messed up choosing the right color. Blonde is maybe a little light on me, but it's not noticeable since the color is more of a light tint.

Glossier
A warning to those of you with sparser brows: Boy Brow doesn't do much to fill your eyebrows. It mostly just grooms the hairs you already have and evens out the color of your brows a bit, leaving just a bit of color on your skin. I'd recommend filling your brows a bit with a powder and then using Boy Brow to shape.

Boy Brow is definitely one of my favorite brow products so far. It's easy and quick to use and gives a great finish that lasts all day. Definitely check it out if you're a fan of slightly messy, natural-looking brows or if you want to simplify your brow routine. Plus the packaging is just so pretty - #glossierpink.

Glossier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top view sourceprint?