Monday, July 25, 2016

review: lush honey I washed my hair shampoo bar (and tin)




I jumped on the LUSH train about six months ago when I really got into organic/fair trade/sustainable beauty stuff. I've been eyeing their shampoo bars since then, but I hadn't bought one until now because I was kind of skeptical of the whole concept of using a solid soap bar to wash your hair.

But wow have I been won over.

As part of a recent order I made, I got the Honey I Washed My Hair shampoo bar. And I really, really like it. It smells amazing and it's made with fair-trade honey (bonus points for that). It leaves my hair soft and cleans just as well as my normal shampoo. Plus, I really like the environmental benefits of it not needing a plastic bottle.

To use one of LUSH's shampoo bars, you run the bar over your wet hair a few times and then just massage it in like normal shampoo.
The first time I used it I wasn't really expecting it to lather much so I rubbed the bar over my hair about six times instead of following the instructions and doing it three times. Don't do that. Three strokes would have been plenty. It lathered even more than my normal shampoo does.

A note for those of you with dyed hair: this isn't a dye-safe shampoo. The water was definitely a little pink when I rinsed my hair. That being said, it definitely wasn't any worse than using any other normal shampoo.

Since LUSH sells their shampoo bars loose, I also bought the tin they sell to store their shampoo bars in. It's the perfect size for the bar, but it can be little difficult to get open. I'd recommend taking the shampoo bar out of the tin before you get your hands wet. Also, you do need to let the bar dry completely before you seal the tin, otherwise it won't really dry. I just let the bar sit on the tin's lid for a while before sealing it.
Overall, I'd give this shampoo bar a 4.5 out of 5. I really like how it smells and how it makes my hair feel, but storing it is a little annoying. It's pretty budget-friendly - one bar costs $9.95 - and it's supposed to last more than twice as long as a bottle of liquid shampoo. We'll see how true that is.

I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a more natural, environmentally friendly shampoo. Or if you're just looking for a shampoo that works and smells nice!

1 comment:

  1. This blog contains useful articles for us. Thanks for sharing.
    Hair Shampoo Bar

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top view sourceprint?