Sunday, August 28, 2016

what I listened to: august



Here are five songs that were part of the soundtrack of my month.

Grouplove // "Welcome To Your Life"


This song is so catchy, guys. I first heard it on Pandora and couldn't get it out of my head. And this music video just kinda makes me happy. I hadn't really listened to much of Grouplove's music before, but this song definitely makes me wanna check out their other stuff. 

"Welcome To Your Life" is the first song released from Grouplove's upcoming album Big Mess, out September 9.



Hayley Kiyoko // "Gravel To Tempo"

Hayley Kiyoko (the wlw queen of indie pop) put out a new song this month! "Gravel To Tempo" is such a catchy, dreamy song with a defiant message of self-acceptance and independence. Plus, those dance moves.

My Chemical Romance // "The Five Of Us Are Dying"


I'm kind of emo trash. I have three Panic! at the Disco t-shirts. I own My Chemical Romance's greatest hits album. There are two Fall Out Boy posters hanging up in my bedroom.

So when MCR put out this shady tweet a few weeks back after pretty much no activity since their 2013 breakup, I was pumped. They're releasing a special edition of The Black Parade for the album's 10th anniversary this fall, and it includes a bunch of previously unreleased demos, including this early version of "Welcome to the Black Parade" called "The Five Of Us Are Dying" (SO EMO I KNOW).



Rihanna // "Sledgehammer"


As you might know, I love Star Trek. When I found out Rihanna was doing a song for the newest movie, I was pretty excited, and she did not let me down. This song reminded me a lot of Sia's music when I first heard it, which isn't surprising since it turns out she wrote it. Rihanna has such an amazing vocal range, and this song really lets her show it off.


Green Day // "Bang Bang"


Green Day is finally back to save us all with another political album. "Bang Bang" is the first single off their upcoming album Revolution Radio. It's a critique of mass shootings and gun culture in America, and it's got a really punk feel. If you like Green Day's older stuff, you'll love this.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top view sourceprint?