Sunday, July 10, 2016

colourpop liquid lipstick swatches - chilly chili, trap, frick n' frack, & echo park


Yes, it's time for some swatches! I've been buying stuff from ColourPop for a while now, and I thought I'd share some of my collection.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with ColourPop, they're an indie makeup brand based in California that sells cruelty-free eye and lip makeup. All their liquid lipsticks are $6 each, so they're much more affordable than some other popular brands cough cough Kylie Cosmetics and work pretty much just as well.

Chilly Chili


Chilly Chili is an ultra matte liquid lipstick. It's much darker on me than in the photo on ColourPop's website. It's a very 90s brownish color. Colourpop's ultra matte colors are kinda drying, but every matte lipstick tends to be. The benefit of that, though, is that they last super long and don't really come off when I'm eating or drinking.

Trap


Trap is such a fun color. It's a ghostly lilac-tinted pink, and it's also ultra matte. I've found it to be a bit longer-wearing than Chilly Chili, which is great, but it takes some serious coconut-oil scrubbing to get it all off at the end of the day.

Frick N' Frack


Frick N' Frack is one of ColourPop's Ultra Satin colors. They're less drying than matte lipsticks but not shiny. This one is, again, darker on me than on ColourPop's website. It's a dark, reddish color that would be great for fall.

Echo Park


I love Echo Park. It's definitely the color I use most. It's subtle enough for everyday wear, but saturated enough to add something fun to your look. Once again, it's darker than in the product photos, but I like how it looks in person better.

Echo Park is another Ultra Satin lipstick. It definitely transfers, which, speaking as someone who drinks a lot of coffee, sucks. But it somehow manages to pretty much cover my lips even when it looks like all the color has moved to my coffee cup.

in order: trap, chilly chili, frick n' frack, echo park
So, here are all my liquid lipsticks. I do have some of ColourPop's Lippie Stix, so lemme know if you want me to do swatches of those or if you have some other colors you'd like to see me try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top view sourceprint?